Amp for my Salons

I recently got a pair of Revel Salons and I love these speakers. The problem is that I am not doing it justice with the current amp I am using. I spent most of my money on the speakers so I need an afordable amp that will work well with the Salons. I was thinking of getting a pair of Bryston 7BST since they are cheap used and they have plenty of power to drive them. Have anyone use this combo yet and how does it sound? What other choices do I have on a budget? I really would like to get a pair of monoblocks instead of a stereo amp. Thanks for the help.

Preamp: ARC LS2
CDP/SACD: Sony NS999ES
f155mph

Showing 2 responses by f155mph

Raquel,

Thanks for you help. You are very very helpful. I gone back and did some research and the Pass Labs amp keep coming up as a good match. I would love to get a good tube amp, but I heard that the tubes can get pricey.

I was at a Revel dealer and they had a pair of 436 hooked up to the Salons. I must say I wasn't too impress by it. They sounded good, but they weren't great. Maybe it was the room or their setup. I know ML make some really great stuff, so I wasn't sure what was wrong. Maybe they just weren't for me.

Anyways I will look into the VAC and CAT as per your suggestion. The only problem is I don't think I have any local dealers that carry those brands. Thanks for the help. Anyone else have other suggestions?
Thanks for all the help guys. I would like to take a listen to the 436 again, but they are way out of my budget right now.

Sgr,
After reading your comment, something dawn on me. I think it may not be the 436 that sounded ok, but is the recording. One thing I notice about the Salons is that like you said they will tell you everything, good or bad. What I notice on my current system now is that sometime it will sounds great and other time sounds bad. So thank you for helping me realize this. Btw are you using all ML gear? What preamp are you using?