Amp for Harbeth P3ESR and Cambridge Audio Azur 851N

Hi All,

Please suggest a good amp that provides enough power and midrange for my new Harbeth P3ESR. Music source is usually from Tidal played from Cambridge Audio Azur 851N network streamer.

My speaker is in my living room about 12x15ft.

I listen mainly to classical music, Jazz and vocal.

Thanks for your advice.

Patrick

starystarynite
@big_greg: I thought you are referring to SV-237MK. SV-237 is very hard to find in the resale market. I did a search online last night, i couldn't find any in US. But, anyway, thanks for your advice. It seems that SV-237 is a really good amplifier with great sound quality highly recommended by many. I have nit heard it myself. If the cost is around $1k, i think i will give it a shot. Thanks.
Stary i’d Give skip @ audiothesis a call, he’s in Arlington, tx., I’ve heard him demo many a harbeth on quite a few different amps including mastersound, which was great! he might have a nicely used demo..
You might be thinking of the newest Vincent SV 237MK, however it retails for about $2,400 USD (are you in another country?), not $4.5K.  The unit I bought was a second hand Vincent SV 237 (no "MK"), the previous generation.  I paid $1250, or $250 more than the SV 500.
What about adding Vincent SV-500? SV-237 is quite high price above $4.5k. Not prepare to spent that on this set up. Just not sure if SV-500 will help in my setup.
My P3ESRs sounded amazing with my ARC VSi55 integrated.  It ran pretty hot in the small room I had it in and I recently switched to a Vincent SV 237 integrated.  It incorporates an amp with the first 10 watts in class A with a tubed preamp and has maybe 95% of the magic of the ARC, but in spite of the Class A runs much cooler.  I'm very happy with it.  I have no experience with the other amps you mentioned, so can't compare.
BTW, I moved the setup to my bedroom. The sound does improved due to smaller enclosed place compared to living room. This is expected. But still something is lacking....
I have gone with option 1. Which is Naim uniti Atom + Harbeth P3ESR. I felt the sound is a little thin to my liking. It lacks lushness, power and details. I want to add amp between the uniti Atom and Harbeth.

Any recommendation?
I have the Harbeth P3ESR and the Naim Uniti Atom and I'm quite happy with that combination. 

Hi All,
Anyone tried the following combination. Would like to make my decision today. I am in Dallas and that makes it so difficult to audition any of this option.

Option 1:
Harbeth P3ESR
All-in-one: Naim Uniti Atom (New unit @ $3200)

Option 2:
Harbeth P3ESR
Source: Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (new unit $850) or Azur 851N ( used unit $1,250)
Amplifier: Sugden A21SE Signature (stall demo unit, $2650)

- Which option do you think is better from audio perspective? Any of you have tried either of this options?
- Option 2 is about $600 more with a lot of used components. But seems Sugden is well regarded by many as the best SS integrated amplifier in this cost range. Is this worth the extra spent in your opinion?

I am going to put this in a small living room. And I listen to a lot of slow rock, classical music and R&B vocal and Jazz.
I’m using WyWires for the speakers, but haven’t tried others. Yes, the A21se is a rare bird on the used market. I found mine by posting a wanted ad on a different audio website. Good luck. 
Hi Shaksfan,

I am trying to get the Sudgen A21SE. It is rare in the used market. Very rare. The new one is out of my budget. I have to get the used one. Any idea, which cable is good to pair with them? I need one that is below $500. Again used cable is fine. I just don't have the budget to get too high end stuff. This is never ending....
Nothing major. Different wood veneer. WBT-nextgen binding posts, British-made audio grade poly capacitors, and ultra-pure OFC internal wiring. I think any difference in sound would be negligible.
Tone Publications reviewed the 40th anniversary edition and the favorite amp was the Sugden A21SE. 30 watts of class A. I own this amp and it’s special.
I ended up with an Odyssey Khartego.  Have Klauss modify it for a total of 120,000µF memory.  Those little speakers are power hungry!
I had the Harbeth C7ES3 with a Rogue Cronus Magnum II and the combination was excellent.  The CM II should work well with the P3s.  The Sphinx should also sound very good but not close to the sound quality of the CM II.  
I second the Rogue integrated amp, I believe they now use kt100 tubes which is what is in my Rogue st100 power amp that drive my P3's. However if you go the tube route be prepared to replace the preamp tubes with nos tubes. I run Mullard and tectronix(rca) in both my amp and preamp, the British speakers seem to go good with the warmth of the mullards. Another benefit to tubes is if you don't like the sound just replace the tubes, with SS equipment the sound is the sound and your kinda stuck with it. And by the way the p3's are glorious!
i found LFD NCSE II integrated Amp at $8k for a used unit.

My budget is $1-1.5k for a used unit.
Post removed 
LFD and Harbeth is a well known match - if you can live with simply a source selector, mute switch and a volume control you can't go wrong.  
I haven't tried one, but a lot of Harbeth owners like the Parasound line up.  You can get a used A23 for about $600.  
I have been powering my P3ESR with a vintage Accuphase E-303x integrated, and they sing. Not an easy amp to find in the U.S., though, and I did have mine recapped, etc.
Also I thought CA 851N is a good network streaming device 

If there are better one with same price range, 1k plus , please recommend.

I m looking for a used unit with budget of $1000-1500.

I m fine with as or tube or hybrid or integrated. 

Just using the CA Azur 851N to drive the amp n to speakers. Simple configuration.
I have a pair of P3's and I just picked up a Parasound 200 Pre and matching 275 V2 Amp.  Nice amount of power for the Harbeths...
For those speakers, I would suggest a SS integrated amp with high power.  Without knowing your budget I can't make any specific recommendations.

In order to better guide you a few questions:
1: What is your budget?
2: Do you have limitations as to size of the component?
3: Are you open to tubes or just solid state
4:  Are you using the Cambridge to feed the amplifier?
5: based on using the Cambridge you would be better with an integrated amplifier as the digital volume control of the N851 isn't very good.
Dave and TroyAudio Doctor NJ