amp for b&w 804 "s" with htm4 "s" 200 watts....

those are my speakers... there has been a lot of talk about the amps making the speakers sound better or worse...to be honest i still do not understand how that is. So, i guess i would probably go with... mcintosh, krell, classe, bryson, or anthem... only because everyone agrees on those amps.... would i really be able to tell the difference? i don't know. so this will be used for mostly HOME THEATER... that being said... i am looking for three channels all solid state. i will run my rear channel off of another amp. So my questions are

1 so.... one three channel amp? or three mono amps? or one two channel and one mono?
2 best bang for the buck on what manufacturer?
3 i would love to find used to save some cash..

thank you for your time on this,
Baranowski
baranowski

Showing 1 response by dhl93449

I have a pair of 804s and have driven them with Parasound amplification. Best bang for the buck, IMHO.

Especially if you can find the older HCA series amps. You can get two channel HCA 1500s for under $500 each, and you can also find the 5 channel and 6 channel versions for about the same money.

Most of these are THX certified so are compatible with home theater applications.