Amp and Pre-Amp suggestions needed

I just picked up what will hopefully be my end-game speakers. They are TLS-1's based on the old Ohm F design, produced by Dale Harder of HHR Exotic speakers. I will probably share more in a separate speaker thread later.

It's become readily apparent that my Rogue Cronus Magnum III integrated is not cutting it with these speakers. 

I am looking for suggestions on a tube-pre and solid state amp separates that will drive the TLS-1's to nirvana. 

Here are my must haves:

- I want tone controls (treble/ bass)
- Again tube pre
- SS amp
- At least 150 wpc
- Want to keep my spend under $5k (new or used)

Yes, I already have Dale's recommendation, but I'm looking for other points of view here.

Thanks,
Joe
128x128audionoobie
i agree with stereo5 in his statement about tone controls

many many times listening to music i wish i had tone controls handy... if for no other reason than different recordings can have widely varying tonal variations (esp. too hot treble)
Pick up a used Parasound A21+ (the plus is important) amp on audiogon or ebay for under $2500. Plenty of class A power. Neutral sound to let your tube pre shine! 
Looks like you can get all that except tone controls with Van Alstine -- their tube preamp runs $2100 and you can get their SS SET 400 (225wpc @8ohms) or their hybrid power amp Fet Valve 400R (200wpc @8ohms) for $2900 (that would put you right at your limit). I only have their phono preamp, but the aforementioned pre is highly rated (at least by one reviewer) and is at the top of my own upgrade list.
You want to go all vintage solid state amp and pre amp with an ohm sytle speaker because they require all the gain and current you can muster to feed them i have an old set of upgraded ohm walsh 4's that need all the gain and current you can throw at them because they are an 18 ohm load with 82 db at a watt sensitivity and 650 watt power handling when you play the dynamic solid state stuff on them it will blow yourr mind the tube stuff will not feed them well at all.