Amp added to Receiver to power B&W floor speakers?

Hey everyone, I just purchased a pair of B&W CDM 7SE speakers. (sound great!!)

Right now I only have an Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver which is running extra hot when I'm pushing the new speakers. The receiver has always been fine with my old Bose set-up (yes I least I'm slowing moving to REAL speakers now)

Is it possible (worth it) to add a 2 channel power amp to provide the power to the B&W speakers and relieve the stress on the Onkyo?

I also have a Harmon Kardon DPR 2005 Receiver that I don't know that I know has all the preouts to it if that would be a better option than the Onkyo. (I only stopped using the DPR 2005 due to the lack of HDMI as I do us my stuff for 50% music and 50% movies.

Any help advise would be great!
Your Onkyo TX-NR609 does not have the necessary line level outputs for this.

The Harmon Kardon DPR 2005 has the outputs but, as you note, lacks other significant features.

A lash-up solution would be to get a pair of speaker-to-line level adapters for the L/R speaker outputs of the Onkyo so that you can use an external amp.

A better solution is to get a new AVR with the features and power you now need.
Are you going to have a 2 channel set up with these B&W speakers. If yes then you should start thinking in terms of an integrated amp at first. This may hook you into this insane hobby and before you know it you will have monoblocks, some tube gear, a turntable, and so on.
Seriously if you are thinking that this set up is for music then forget the AVR and buy a decent amp.
I have an old Carver "Z Band Coupler" that can do this via the speaker terminals of the receiver.

I used it back in the early 1990's to connect one of the original made in usa Adcom 535 amps to a HK Receiver.

Funny but I still have this Carver piece and it is in mint condtion as I never wanted to give it up.