Amethyst versus Nagaoka MP-150/MP-200

Does anyone have any experience with these two carts, by any chance?  I have the Amethyst and I've used it for about 40 to 50 hours now. I think it's a beautiful cartridge, and I'm a fan of Sumiko in general, but it doesn't hit the spot like some of the other carts I've used.  So I think I'm going to sell it and buy something else.  I've had my eye on the MP-150 for a while.  Would be curious to hear folks' thoughts on this cart, especially from anyone who has heard the Amethyst, too.  (Also, if anyone has thoughts on what a good selling price for the Amethyst would be, please let me know.)  Cheers.
three_paws

Showing 1 response by noahpdavis

I've got an Olympia and an MP150.  I prefer the Olympia by quite a bit.  In my experience the MP150 was a little forward in the high frequencies - not really grainy, but fatiguing after a few songs.  For what it's worth, I got it after having a 2m bronze which i straight up too bright.  The Olympia just sounds really fun/pleasing - it's not gonna give you the last word in detail but you'll be able to listen for a long time and it's really engaging.  I know the thread is asking about the amethyst which I haven't heard, but am very curious about.  If it's got the Olympia warmth with a little more detail that would be peeeeerfect.

I would not buy a nag cart thinking it's gonna be warmer than the Sumiko's - unless the amethyst is SUPER dry/cold sounding.