AMC 2100 amps - what's your great bang for the $?

I run a SF Power 2 tube amp and frankly the heat output is intolerable during the summer months. I prefer not to run AC daily given electricity costs in Conn is very high. So, I just acquired a mint PAIR of AMC 2100 (look similar to NAD gear) amps for $210 shipped to be used for the summer. They have input level input adjustments, line level pass through RCAs for bi-amping, and can be bridged. They consume only 20 watts per amp at idle and run very cool. I tried one amp in 2 channel mode to power my friends Maggies and they did not break a sweat. Obviously detail, bass control is NOT true high end here but they sound musical (B&K like) and have no bad traits that I can detect. I'm sure blue book is low here but I feel I made a great bargain. Any other Agoners encounter some great 'bang for the buck' low cost deals?
pdspecl

Showing 1 response by jaybo

everyone generally 'qualifies' an edorsement of amc, but the truth is, its awfully good, and the price is unreal for the value it gives...if it were in a fancy machined console it would cost an awfully lot more.