will be interesting to see how much WAN bandwidth is required

From GSMArena:

"If you want to stream music, you’ll need at least a 1.5-2Mbps LTE connection for HD quality and 5-10Mbps for Ultra HD. A large data allowance is a must too – a 3 and a half minute song eats up 51MB in HD quality and 153MB in Ultra HD. A lossy track is 9MB."

https://www.gsmarena.com/amazon_music_hd_launches_with_two_lossless_audio_options_in_four_countries-news-39226.php

Note: these figures are not verified.
My initial thoughts were that Amazon might be trying to go after Apple like they have done in the movie market (i.e. Netflix) - maybe go after the audiophile market as a longer-term objective.  For me Roon integration would be essential.
Yes it must offer Roon integration! I use both Qobuz and Tidal. Both services sound different from each other in Roon. Thus far I like Qobuz a little more. It is less aggressive and more relaxed sounding..,warmer.  Others will like Tidal more as this is subjective and system dependent. Comparing the exact same 16/44 recording on both services reveals a sonic difference.  Seems these services have a “sound” beyond the numbers. 
Amazon wants $9.99 from me for a trial. $14.99 after that.
That’s because I did a free trial of the old service. Then cancelled it.
Makes me wonder if I log in on my Node2i, will I get HD?
Of course I'd have to resubscribe
I’m not a prime member