Amazon just killed Tidal

Today Amazon released Amazon Music Unlimited HD streaming for $12.99 per month for  Amazon Prime members.

There is a free trial.

Streaming is in CD and High Rez quality!

50 million songs!

Just started my subscription. More info later.
don_c55
Take this for what it is worth, as I am about as tech savvy as your run-of-the-mill orangutan. With that said, I have been a subscriber to TIDAL for a year or so, which I stream through my Aurender X100L server. In the past, I had Amazon, but moved to TIDAL for the better resolution.

When I read this thread a couple of nights ago and saw there was a free trial, I decided to give Amazon HD a whirl. I found I couldn’t use it with my iPad, which is too old for the download. However, I was able to download it on my Mac laptop, and then had no problems linking it with my Aurender wirelessly. Granted, it shows that I am getting "only" redbook resolution, which I assume will improve only when Aurender gets on board and integrates Amazon HD as it has with TIDAL? I look forward to learning more about this from more experienced, knowledgeable folks on this issue.

What I can say is that even with redbook resolution, it sounds very good to me. I’ve only had a short time to play with it, but I will get a better handle this weekend on comparisons between the new and improved Amazon and ripped files both in FLAC and WAV on my Aurender. So far, I am pleased with what I’ve heard and optimistic that better things are yet to come.

Can anybody answer if you can now get complete albums as opposed to just individual tracks?
For example on both Tidal and Qobuz you bookmark or favourite the albums you want to then revisit anytime from "your favourite" tab.
Can Amazon now do this?
It could not earlier in the year.
I received this notice from Bluesound........Bluesound users in select regions can subscribe to Amazon Music’s all-new lossless streaming tiers, Amazon Music HD and Ultra HD....Now available in the US, UK, Germany and Japan, you can learn how to add Amazon Music to your BluOS system. I'll give this a shot.
@lwin 

Solid shoutout for Joe Parvey! His shop is just down the street from my house. He’s the real deal...that Wolf audio interface is no joke, outstanding on all levels!
You can definitely get albums on Amazon I did listen to a playlist yesterday and a lot of the songs were in 24 96 I use a bluesound node 2 into a mytek brooklyn dac