Amazon just killed Tidal

Today Amazon released Amazon Music Unlimited HD streaming for $12.99 per month for  Amazon Prime members.

There is a free trial.

Streaming is in CD and High Rez quality!

50 million songs!

Just started my subscription. More info later.
don_c55
I’m already a Prime member and I’m looking forward to trying their service.

JD
Post removed 
It seems to be just $14.95 per month without Prime which is a good price.

If you include the cost for Prime the total seems to become between $21 and $26 per month. Seems like higher price than Tidal or Qobuz but it is of course good if you already have or want Prime.

I’ll ask again. Is it Roon ready? For the many many Roon users that is a must. Also, the numbers don’t tell you if it will sound better. You need to listen to know that. I find Qobuz to sound better than Tidal, in Roon, playing files at the exact same 16/44.1. Qobuz is warmer and less forward. It is more at ease. I like that more while others will like the more aggressive Tidal sound. Like all things audio, this is subjective. We Aphiles will buy the service that sounds the best to us. How the service sounds is more than the numbers!

So really cant say one will kill the other. For us, it all about subjective sound quality and I am sure these services sound different. More competition is great and will force prices down and/or increase the product quality.  Very good for all of us!