Amazing...

After deciding to dabble in vinyl i've been reading the TT threads and am amazed at the depth and breadth of information offered here. I never new there was so much to it! To get to my question... Since deciding to go vinyl I am now considering the possibility of purchasing TT seperates. Is there a resource available that guides one in this endeavor? I see all kinds of arms for sale with different arm boards. I'm pretty sure you just can't put any arm on any TT but don't know where to begin. I thought I'd start with a Denon (Dp-47F or similar TT) but the more I look and become educated the more I think maybe I should take a different path. Again, thanks in advance.
botit

Showing 1 response by neway317

Hey there Bo:

Just wanted to put in my quick $.02 about the Pioneer Elite that you had. I just happened to pick it up this past weekend (Best Buy, open box sale) and I did hook up my TT to the phono stage as well as using a phono stage (Musical Surroundings Phonomena) to do an A-B comparison. The Pioneer phono stage was lacking a lot of detail and clarity when compared to using a separate phono stage. But I will say that listening to the records via the separate, the amplification and detail were surprisingly decent. Very warm sounding, sometimes a lil digital and bright, but after all, it IS a Pioneer.

So if you're looking to get a TT for this, regardless of the TT setup, if possible budget an extra $200-250 on getting a phono stage also.

Also, FWIW, the 94txh is an awesome HT Receiver too. You have efficient B&Ws so I can't even imagine that sound. I'm using Maggies and they definitely got more punch to it than my old receiver.