Amazing Cartridge Repairs by Vinyl Audio Science!

I sent two cartridges to Vinyl Audio Science in Cliffwood, New Jersey.

The first was an old Dynavector 20x (not the X2).  The second was a Benz Micro LPS--their top of the line.   Both cartridges unexpectedly dropped their entire cantilevers from my sight.  The Dynavector was previously re-tipped by Soundssmith.  The Benz was practically new (from someone I trust) and there was no warranty from the company.  

Steve Leung of Vinyl Audio Science personally fixed them both. 

I've only tried the Dynavector and cannot get it off my table!

Steve's service was impeccable.  Fast communication.  Fast shipping.  He packed the carts better than how I sent them out.  He took photos and videos documenting the repairs.  Prices were superb!!  

I highly recommend Steve and VAS.

See www.vasnyinc.com.  

Oh the feeling to get a fantastic repair at a more than fair price with super service.  This guy deserves our work!!!!!!

128x128jbhiller

I am commending the repairer of the Proteus, I have shared my intentions for a owned Cart' and they fully understood my intention and have also carried out work on another Cart' of the same model.

The owner of the Proteus contacted myself making their satisfaction with the returned Cart' known.

My system has had devices used within it, imported from the US in the years past and is to have a device used in it that was developed in the US in the near future, the parts to produce it are being acquired at present.

In relation to a Cart' being worked on by a Third Party Service, there is no averse thoughts toward any service, my statement made in the first post, is recognising that trust is a important factor, this trust was originally formed when using selected services based in mainland Europe.

A very high level of knowledge from Technicians offering their service for a price that is seen as quite fair, at a reasonable turnaround time, this is where the trust comes in.

I as well as others in the UK are seeing the trust side of the arrangement is to be formed in the USA, now that services in mainland Europe don't like to incur the messy costs that are commonly attached to a service offered to the UK, there is a frustration and requests for a service have been declined.  

"To have a access to a Third Party Service that can be trusted with the required work to be carried out, that is offered outside of the Cart's Manufactures Supply Chain is a very valuable service to have knowledge of". 

The above is available in the US, Technicians are seeing a regular turnover of repairs at all levels of need, and their skills are regularly attuned to the task in hand and for this I am grateful.  

Steve at VAS is a great guy and resource. Cartridge retipping is just one of the services he offers. He's a truly excellent tech.

Steve makes great cables as well. Truly a great guy in this weird world. Glad it worked out. 

I sent a Dynavector XV-1S to Steve Leung at VAS to retip. What a great experience !! 
Steve Leung will provide a few options of the boron and diamond shape with comparators so that I can understand the levels of the upgrade after the retip.

The craftsmanship is the finest. I install the cartridge at the same spot on the arm as before. That indicates the rod length and suspension compression angle are exactly same as the original.

The result of the retipped Dynavector is unbelievably good. It is like I upgrade the system. It is very detail, clear, no surface noise, full stage, pinpoint instrument layout, fully revealing voices, airy.