thanks for the heads up on a new ver being available. apparently setting the app to check for them weekly is not enough, or it was just a timing glitch.
I don't have extensive history with A+ and only migrated fromn 3.2 to this latest release, A+ 3.5.
In this update process one facet of operation did need to be added/downloaded following the install. size optimizer ?? it announced the need for it and handled its incorporation seamlessly.
a secondary installation process gets addressed as well with the install migrating its data out of the downloads folder and into the Apple Applications folder which Apple deems necessary to have this step done manually most all of the time. it was a relief to see Audirvana maker attend to this part of the setup as an option during the update.
I felt copying and pasting the orig key code to facilitate the update a needless step, but well, OK. it is what it is.
the existing A+ remote control mobile app automatically integrated itself to the new itteration via a six digit code, which once more was smooth and uneventful.
overall, it makes me wonder why the update process requires one to manually download the newer ver rather than have the app itself handle the whole of the process. perhaps this is an Apple thing.
I'm using a iMac 27in. 5K retina w/24GB RAM and i5 quadd core CPU running at 3.6GHz.
As for the credibility of any increase in sonic performance over the 3.2 ver, I gotta admit 3.5 does seem more incisive and transparent.
knowing a new itteration existed I ran thru a fav playlist using 3.2 first, then went thru the update process and repeated the playlist thereafter.
Vocal harmonies for example were made more individual and demonstrated greater separation with more space about them. Sonic cues gained more visibility and distinction.
the sound stage seem more expansive and as such appeared better arranged at least latterally..
this ‘new’ perspective on the music was delivered seemingly without regard to the file types. lossless and lossy files were presented simalarly, making one question which file type (lossy or lossless) was in play, as I don’t always discriminate when compiling a playlist, having various file types segregated from one another.
in the end, I’d say it provides noticeable improvements across the board sonically speaking. the update process itself however needs a bit more tweaking
do the update! SQ does get a boost.