Am I the only one who doesn’t love Harbeth P3esr?

I purchased a pair of P3’s a month ago based on their
uniformly rave reviews online. I have tried them with 
3 different amps, in two different rooms, and with and without a sub, and am just not overly impressed,
using a variety of music. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I expected more OMG moments.
They certainly aren’t bad. Very detailed. But to me they sound bright which I never expected. And I just can’t get them to sound really good.
I have other speakers I gravitate to for listening sessions- KEF LS 50 and Klipsch RP 600ms.

rambo21

Showing 1 response by cd318

@rambo21, it can be a little disconcerting when you start wondering whether it's the world or you that's wrong.

The Harbeth P3ESRs are almost the cornerstone of the loudspeaker world (at least when it comes to mini - monitors) in the same way that Relativity is the cornerstone of modern physics.

So if they really were seriously flawed where would that leave the rest?  I suspect they're real growers and you're ears are just beginning to relax and mature into their correct signature.

Good to see you're starting to get it. Would be great for us if you keep us updated as to how you get on with them, and also interesting for you given your first impressions.