Am I going crazy or?

I've been thinking about this for awhile now- I see many things for sale on agon. Some are reasonably priced, some priced to cheap ( those go quickly ) and some things priced for more than anyone will ever pay. I guess the folks that get me are those that over price, and refuse offers. I watch their adds go out after the 33 days. And then some list the add again at the same price. I find this interesting. I know I would not expect them to sell to a low baller. However I wonder why they can't take a hint. The worth of something for sale is determined not, by what the seller feels it is worth, but rather by what the market is willing to pay. And for sure we are now in a buyers market virtually on anything.
kt_88

Showing 1 response by gs5556

You've answered your question in the second sentence. What it all boils down to in a free market is: What do you want more, the merchandise or the cash? That goes for both buyer and seller. The grocer wants the dollar in your pocket more than the quart of milk on his shelf; if you want the milk more than the dollar in your pocket, sale.

Those who under price obviously want the cash more than the merchandise, regardless of its worth. On the other hand, those who overprice want the merchandise more than the cash. There are intangibles involved, the biggest probably being a sentimental attachment or, maybe, a bit of arrogance. If I make an offer and I get a sneer in return, I just move on. A lecture or an argument over his steadfastness is pointless and says more about you than him. The deal of a lifetime comes along every couple of weeks.