Am I considered to be a materialistic person?

I just love my equipment and records and sometimes can't wait to come home from work and play.....I don't think i could be truly happy without all this stuff! Does this necessarily make me a materialistic person of sorts? Do others feel the same way towards their gear and assorted media collections? My wife thinks i'm obsessed and does not see the point of all this lol. 
128x128audioguy85
Monks are in deep denial of the human nature, they are materialistic too.
I don't love anything else I own but my stereo, it's always been like that, probably always will. I make no excuses, respectfully care not what others think about it. It's just me. 
Love my toys. I have three separate sound systems-one for vinyl, home theatre dolby atmos, and a small emotiva bas-x100 which I use with a pair of HD600 headphones and B&W 685 S2's and a thrift shop sony SACD 5 disc changer I found in a thrift shop. I have two Canon DSLR's with an assortment of lenses from 16-400 mm. 13 watches and six firearms. My records go back40-50 years that I bought back in the day and CD's when I got that bug back in the 80's. My best thriftshop find is a first edition Parlaphone mono pressing of Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band with all the inserts which I have played twice, cleaned up and put away. Got it for $3.98. I am retired, live alone and am Prince of my domain. My cat Fatboy is King and he is rather disdainful of it all. But it all keeps me home at night as I would rather be home than anywhere else.
Think materialism is part of human nature. Archaeologists have dug up ancient graves  and found Og buried with favorite spears and trophy saber tooth tiger teeth, jewelry, medicine pouches etc. Regardless of what level we suffer from. Even homeless people pack it around in shopping carts.
Thank you all for the overwhelming responses!! I think I feel better now about my obsession with my equipment and music! I kinda look upon it all as my mistress....lol. ugh If the wife only knew what I really spent on this stuff over the years...aye yi yi....oops I gotta go, Nancy Sinatra is in the room 😁