Alternatives to Klipsch Forte II

I've had so many recommendations for the Forte II. I've never really owned a good pair of speakers, and thus don't know much about them. I like the Klipsch sound and have been seeking this out as a good, budget friendly, versatile speaker that doesn't require a sub.

Can anyone recommend something comparable in the sub $1000 range that will function well without a bass in a home theater setup for music/movies?
buffheman

Showing 1 response by sthomas12321

I have some Cerwin Vega CLS 215's. I think for $800 new to your door(a1components), you CANT beat them. Your going to hear some comments here, but they dont own or havent heard them, I assure you. There do some things as good as Ive heard. Is your room closed in with a door, or is a wall or two open?

You will have to get them off the floor a little, and break in is along time also, but as a past owner of ML's, Magnepans, Paradigms, Definitive,Gallos, +more, these are a insane value at $800. Specially if you already like & listen to horns. You wont need a sub, and this is just about the pinnacle of home theater speakers(I use 4qty) you could use.

These arent the ideal hi end audiophile speaker some seek for, but they make great music & have a nice sound after there harsh break in period. If you just want to enjoy music and have fun, these are great!