Altec Lansing 911A?

I bought an Altec Lansing 911 stereo system a few years ago. I dont use it much and would like to sell it and upgrade to a better TT. Problem is I cant find much information on them. Does anyone know about how much it is worth? It is in original working condition except for a crack in the dust cover. Im sure it will need some fine tuning but everything works great as far as I can tell.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks
jlandrum

Showing 3 responses by jlandrum

It is an "all in one" system with a Garrard 95B TT built into the top. By all in one I mean that the TT does not require a receiver or amp to drive the speakers. I believe that they were made by Altec in the early 70's.

I think Im going to stop by the dealer who sold it to me a few years ago and see what he will give me for trade in value towards a TT.
Wow, thanks for the info Johnnyb, you had more information in your head than anything I could find on the internet! Walnut huh, I have been wondering what kind of wood the case was made of.

I took it to the dealer today, which by the way is no easy feat, it must weigh 40lbs, but he said he was not in the position to take on any additional equipment at this time. I tried to explain to him that I merely wanted some store credit but he wouldnt budge, no telling how long he had it before I bought it. Maybe it being rare keeps people from being interested in it. Too bad, its really been a solid system for me thus far. So back home it came.... Maybe me and this beast are meant to be. Unless, Johnny you want to be reunited with your long lost love????
Thats a good idea Johnny, who knows what Ill end up with when its all said and done.

I currently have the AL connected to some Cerwin Vega series 26 speakers, not the greatest sound, but they get the job done. I will be upgrading speakers as well, but it will be after I get the system upgrade. It didnt come with the original AL speakers, but I would be interested in hearing what they sound like with the matched head unit.

I still think that you should take it off my hands Johnny.....