Alpha 9 or RCD 991

Guys
I have narrowed my upgrade pathe from a Cambridge Audio D300 to 2 choices.
They are an Alpha 9 and a Rotel RCD 991. Both are about the same price. The Rotel is a demo and will carry the full factory warrentee and the Arcam is used but mint. I listen to mostly popular music. Red Hot Chillis, Santana, REM and the likes.
In your opinions which path should I take and why?
My equip is
Rotel 1055 Reciever (used as pre-pro)
rotel 1075 Power amp (120 WPC)
Paradigm Studio 60 V2
Paradigm servo 15 sub.
Currently using PBJ interconnects but plan an upgrade there as well.
Thanks
Steve
energeezer
Guys
I found another/better solution for now. I was using the old 10ga monster cable speaker cable and a local shop here suggested I uprade my cable to a faster more detailed cable. I suggessted I did not want to break the bank on speaker cable since I needed 2X 25' lengths. He suggested I use Totem silver cable and will get better detail and soundstage at the expense of a little bass and since my sys incomporates a sub well......you know.
Guess what?
I got the cable, hooked it up and was almost immediately floored with the results. Exactly what he had said and I do not mean a small change but HUGE. It's like I have a new system and the cables aren't even broken in yet. I am hearing things that I never realized were there.
This is the best $200 CDN I ever spent and will tide me over hopefully until it becomes clear which NEW format will succeed CD.
I may still get a better player but now my criteria has changed somewhat since my system has gone from rather dull and undetailed to fairly highly resolved (at least by my mid-fi standards) Now I can consider some of the tubed players as well.
Even though I personally like the Arcam better, the Rotel would probably be a better choice for the music you listen to. I feel the Rotel has better dynamics and bass but does not have the overall refinement of the Arcam. The 991 is not as refined through the highs.