Alon Model 1 8" woofers blown

hi,

I blew the 8" woofers in my alon model 1 speakers. I can get them rebuilt from millersound but wanted to see if anyone has a pair sitting around to sell. Can you post "wanteds" on Audiogon? I only see buy and sell...

thank you

scott
honestabe316
Hi Scott, did you get the Alon's back up and running?

I just pulled my pair out of storage and am replacing the woofers as well. I bought the woofers new from Carl about a year ago. I'm also replacing the Low Pass woofer caps from the stock electrolytic to a Mundorf MKP cap. I've done the Carl approved Low Pass cap upgrade on my Nola Vipers and Alon Lotus x-overs and it makes for a nice improvement to the bass agility/clarity.

Cheers
Oh man I just saw this...better late than never....

Yes my alons are running well...since the last post I have added a rogue audio cronus magnum II integrated amp and a park audio budgie (arriving today). A clearaudio performance dc turntable and a bluesound node 2.
I was hoping to ask the members who have experience with the "Alon open baffle sound" if they have found any other speakers that sound similar but dont require to be 3 feet from the back wall....also a bigger but still tight bass....I have my system in my large bedroom but speakers 3 feet out isn't cutting it
So, almost 4 years later I have another question. My Alons are 25 years old and I now run them with an integrated tube amp and a tube phono preamp.....I'm curious as to whether having the crossovers rebuilt or would the materials Carl used still be strong after 25 years? 

I blew the tweeters and Madison sound hooked me up with a pair that I think took the alons yo a new level. 
Parts can make a difference for better and for worse.  You can easily change the resistors to mills and upgrade the caps yourself for starters and you can undo the same if you do not like them.
Is there a company or technician that will rebuild my Alon 1 crossovers if I send them out?