All Things Must Pass 50th Anniversary sets due to be announced tomorrow

George fans, there will be REMIXED digital and vinyl configurations of ATMP and unreleased demos, outtakes, etc. at 6 different price points announced tomorrow (June10th), with the big Kahuna being an Uber deluxe set priced at $1,000.  Before you start crying ripoff, have a look at it and remember you can choose one of the lower priced sets if that's too much money for you. For more info see these threads:

(1) George Harrison All Things Must Pass 50th Anniversary Edition - contents, outtakes & sound quality | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

(1) George Harrison - All Things Must Pass 50th-ish Anniversary Edition - Price & Shipping Thread | Steve Hoffman Music Forums
128x128tomcy6
Well, we'll see. . . 

On my cheap HK computer speakers, this sounds less muddy than versions I've heard so far: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWV4pFV5nX4

@stuartk 

"Seems to me what the the "new generation" cares about most is convenience-- they're happy with Mp3's. Dhani's aim to render ATMP "more sonically friendly" for folks who don't care about SQ to begin with doesn't strike me as a recipe for satisfiying the ears of audiophiles!"

Good call.

At least going by the reaction curve on the Steve Hoffman forum where the usual initial high expectancy has now tapered off to a gradual disappointment.

Yet again.

Sometimes I get the impression that deep down we audiophiles seem to be a childlike optimistic lot. Always hoping to rediscover that elusive magic.

Unfortunately for us the music industry doesn't work like that.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/george-harrison-all-things-must-pass-50th-anniversary-edition...
According to Bobby Whitlock who played on the LP the original came out sounding just the way George and Phil wanted it too. That big sound they got made it a massive hit. When Harrison left Spector his sound and sales fell untill he turned to Jeff Lynn who also used the big sound approach.
Remix, remasters are usually other people's  interpretation of what the music should sound like and wanting to keep it in the public eye for financial reasons.
Dhani Harrison and Klaus Voormann in a Rolling Stone article:

Equally fascinating, the core All Things Must Pass has been subtly remixed — both to bring added sonic clarity to Spector’s lovingly dense and echo-heavy arrangements and to adhere to Harrison’s own wishes before his death in 2001. “He hated the reverb,” Dhani says. “He said this to me a million times: ‘God, that reverb!’” Voormann also recalls Harrison making similar comments to him years later about the multiple overdubs: “I remember him saying, ‘It’s too much,’” Voormann says.

George Harrison’s ’All Things Must Pass’: Inside New Reissue - Rolling Stone