All Merlin family members.

Do you prefer your equipment behind(not between)or to the side of your speakers? have you had it both ways and noticed a difference
128x128tabl10s

Showing 6 responses by capt369

Are there some front wall treatments that work better than others? ie....cloth wrapped insulation, heavy carpet, drapes etc. Does one really have to go to this extent?

I suppose ideally, if your wall is 13 ft. wide, you should cover the whole thing, right?
Thanks for the links, Spencer. I`ll do some research. On reflection of my question, I guess there isn`t one easy answer. Lots of variables involved. I`ll work at it.
Dave,

As a newbie, I have much to learn. It does appear to me that speaker placement is system and room dependant. When I get my tsm based system together, it will be fun to experiment.

How far from the front wall have you placed the speakers?

btw....I`d also like to apologize to Tab for taking his thread off topic, but as merlin family members, perhaps we can discuss all things merlin and make Tab`s thread the official merlin forum.

Dick
Thanks Dave,

My room is 14`x17`, however, one end of the room (along the long wall) opens to the dining room about half way up. I`ll have some experimenting to do.

I think I`ll try one of those sponge mattress toppers on the front wall to begin with. If I don`t like the effect, I`ll throw it on the bed.

Dick