all linn, or mix & match??

I am considering a pair of linn keilidhs. I currently have a receiver based theater system (sony 555es, snell type d mains). I want to upgrade the electronics as a 2 channel system looped into the theater, replacing all speakers with linns (except my sub) I was considering Linn's classik for its value and simplicity, but am wondering if there are any integrated amp/cd player recommendations that have a combined cost of about 2K that should also be considered. I do plan to add an outboard amp to the classik as soon as funds allow, probably an LK140 or thereabouts, to get a more dynamic result. I know that Linn products have always had a synergy about them, and I am cheifly interested in an involving and emotional system. I listen to mostly rock (classic to metal) and upbeat fusion type jazz. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
ehm3
Hey guys, don't worry about messin with my head---I am in A/V sales for a great specialty retailer. But we focus mostly on A/V, and don't do much with specialty 2-ch hifi. I am well aware of the advancements made in digital tech, but I think Joolz is right--if it sounds good, and has synergy, then so what??? Enjoy the music. I have owned some cool theater stuff (lexicon, meridian) but it never MOVED me like my first 2ch rig. (adcom, rotel) So I simply want to recapture the MUSIC enjoyment I once had. I heard a friends Linn, then saw some Keilidhs for sale cheap, and here we be!!!!!! But truly, you guys have been helping tons--I have narrowed down to a Classik, Majik/Mimik (I too gotta have that remote!), and two dark horses--the Rega Mira or a Rotel RA985 (I am a dealer for this--so the price is good!) Only problem with the last two is---matching a CD player. And the uncertain result. So........news at 11, until I can actually hear a few of these when my Keilidhs show up next week!! BTW guys--this is tough, but it 's good to be on the other side of the fence. Gives perspective. And again, thanks tons!!!!
Hey Ehm3, looks like your ship has come in... Have you seen the Linn LK1/LK280, and the LK1/Lk2 setups that just got listed?
I am on it--questions, however. There appear to be 3 diff versions of the LK1, and 2 different LK280's (I am assuming this is not a Spark, though) Is the std 280 a lot better than the LK2, and is the spark upgrade still available? Also, is the LK1/LK2 significantly better than a Majik?
The Majik/Mimik combo sounds good, and I've seen them on the net for around $700 apiece; likely to sound similar to the Classik and more versatile. Arcam CD players work well with Linn, too. If we're talking about Linn synergy, don't forget cables. I found a really nice improvement with my Keilidhs when I switched from Audioquest to Linn K400 biwire cable. Also, K400 is supposed to sound better than double runs of K20, according to the helpline on the Linn website. Linn interconnects are good--better than the Kimber PBJ that I compared them to at home. Good luck!
Addendum to previous post: I forgot to mention that I had an Intek before I bought the Majik. I wouldn't recommend the Intek at this point. It has more grain and glare than the Majik, and no remote.