All-in-one integrated, 10-15K range, class A/B only

For a second system. I want to buy a SS all-in-one integrated. At least 200W in 8ohm.

When I say all-in-one means it has to have DAC built-in (preferable a very nice DAC commensurate to the price point of the system). I would highly prefer a streamer built-in as well.

Am super excited about the new Boulder 866. It seems to be the only one satisfying all the criterion.

Another option could be the Accuphase E-800 with DAC module (but no streaming).
DAG Progression but it crosses 18K without DAC.

Any other options?
I am not interested in anything Class-D. It has to be Class A/B amplifier.

Speakers are TBD as well.

essrand
So let me get this straight. Because Greg didnt like the E-800 on his 40.2 and Jay didnt like them on his Wilson's....They Suck with everything? Do you have Jay and Greg's ears and taste in music? Do you have their room and associated equipment?? My best advice is dont follow anybody's ears but your own. You can find plenty of people who will give entirely the opposite opinion about that model (or any other) and what conclusion will you draw from that?? Whoever you like better or has a Youtube channel must be right?
@riaa, Those are the only two data points we have in these preliminary stages of narrowing down choices. Perhaps when you get your E-800 you can give us another opinion that will help make or break Greg/WC's consensus. Until then.....
The dealers have been hyping the E-800 so much and I was thinking of buying one to try, and then to hear sobering assessments of it from experienced audiophiles is clearly a shock and raison d'etre for forums like this to exist.

@kren006, yes he does clearly state he likes 590AXII better in one of his posts.

@rdoc Thank you so much for posting your experience and affirming what I have in mind. I know this might be asking a lot but any chance you would be able to post a youtube video of your system playing.

Actually your wrong. There was a full at length discussion on AudioAfficionado about people’s experience with the E-800. GREG didnt know if he liked it or not at 250 Hours. At 400 Hours his opinion changed to a positive one....then he ditched it. Another E-800 owner chimed in to say he loved his and he preferred it MUCH more than his 590AXII. I believe the Moderator deleted these posts cause he sells the line. Ive already had the E-800 and flipped it. Accuphase doesnt excel at what I listen to which is the harder stuff. I also dont have The British Monitor type’s of speakers that works best with Accuphase. The poster above conveniently only used the comparisons he wanted to...to fuel his Luxman "Fanboy" posts. Well JAY just listed his Top 5 Fave Amps on Youtube...and LUXMAN wasn't included on the list. Guess you should switch brands now huh??

There are MANY Youtube Vids with Accuphase products and they sound wonderful with the right speakers and music. Unfortunately there are some people that dont do the proper matching of Amps/Speakers etc...they report their findings/conclusions and then the "followers" take it as Gospel and poison the well (And other threads) with their misguided information. Its very unfortunate and this ignorance doesnt serve the hobby. Do your own homework and you will probably come out with different results.

@jo1mtb Hi and thats an excellent question. Its a difficult question because I heard them so far apart timewise. The 865 was a fine amp. At the time it seemed a little too chilly and clinical for me years ago. The Gryphon will find its audience and when I heard it it seemed a bit of a chameleon, maybe trying too hard to include some tube like cues. I wanted to want it but it just didn’t move me. The 866, for what it is, is simply amazing. As many of my posts indicate, I am biased toward tube amplification and am fortunate to have the room and the resources for multiple systems.

The Boulder checks all the boxes of the OP and the sound is sublime. If dead neutral is noon on the clock face and 11 oclock (warmer), the Boulder 865 would be at 2 oclock (cooler) to my ears, the 866 at 11. The Gryphon, I dont know maybe 10 oclock, maybe 11:30, its been too long. I believe though that if it had made a significant impression on me I would have bought it. I believe the DAC in the 866 is a real treat in this package. It is so well integrated, it performs far better than it has any right to and for many the 866 could be an end game piece. As Ive said before, and I realize I have a psychological problem in this regard, but somewhere in my house at all times there will always be a tube based system.

Another nice feature of the Boulder is the volume comes on ever so gently, maybe even too gradually for some. I would venture a guess to say that you could connect the 866 to horns and have tremendous range in the volume with an absolutely black background. How many of us have had systems where you maybe had usable volume range of only zero to 10 on your 100 step volume control and thats all? That isnt the boulder. On Sasha 2’s the listenable range for me is 40-65 and 70 is far too loud.

If you you like neutral with an ever so slight side dish of warmth, the Boulder 866 is the ticket. I find it humorous all the arguing over Luxman vs Accuphase vs Gryphon vs Pass vs whatever else. The Accuphase, Pass and Luxman don’t meet the OP’s spec qualifications and I find NONE of those in the same league as the Boulder. Some might prefer Gryphon, others the Boulder. Everyone should just go hear these amps for yourself, let your ears and your equipment align with your listening taste. The Boulder 866 isn’t quite as warm as the ARC reference separates it replaced but, given that I have tube based systems to listen to, I kindof feel like I have it all covered. I hope this helps.

Once again to the OP, listen to the choices out there and buy what you like, this is rarified air that you are flying in. Im not sure if things can get much better for an all in one streamer, dac, 200wpc at 8ohm that doubles into 4 ohms class ab amp than the Boulder. Listen, when you can afford to buy what you want, and at your budget you can, you should wait until you hear something that moves you.