Alexx and Lamm ML1?

Getting a pair of Wilson Alexx (min 50W). My room is 12 by 24’. Will my beloved Lamm ML1 (90W) be able to get the best out them?
urowolf

Showing 4 responses by carey1110

I guess I’d ask you naysayers  what you are using on your Alexx.  The OP is right to try his current amp just to see. He may just love it. What’s best is a personal opinion not an absolute.  Urowolf please let me know your results I’m very interested in what you think. 
Trent, sale manager from Wilson,  drove his Alexx with the Lamm 2.1 and said he loved that combo.  Also depends on your listening level. The other amps suggested above have good favor as well. 
Well the question is what type of listener are you?  Some really like a very dynamic explosive sound with all the power you can muster. If that’s the case and money no object then I’d go Boulder over Gryphon. However if you like the Lamm you have it can’t hurt to try it first,  if it doesn’t work then you can switch.  I hear the Lamm is very captivating with the Alexx.  The Lamm finesse and tonal balance is something special and if you like the sound you might miss it if you let it go.  Call Trent at Wilson he owned that combo and tried many other amps before settling on Lamm. Speak to owners if you can.  Also check out Jays audio lab on you tube he has done extensive videos with the big power amp like Gryphon and boulder on the Alexx and like George prefers big power as well.  I’m also picking up the Alexx so I’m interested in your Lamm experience.