Akiko Tuning Stick AC -- It IS Magic

None are more skeptical than I when it comes to tweaks. Most come and go; few survive for the long term. So it was with not a grain but a shaker of salt that I decided to try the $170 Akiko Tuning Stick AC (not the new Triple AC, which is $395), which one plugs into an open outlet on a power conditioner or into the wall outlet. I decided to try it based upon rave reviews in 6 Moons both for the version I tried, and more recently the Triple AC -- which I most assuredly WILL buy.

I plugged it into my Audience AR6 power conditioner and my skepticism dissolved as fast as the salt from the shaker would in water! This thing is magic, I tell you. It is transformative. My system is no slouch (PS Audio DSD DAC/VTL 7.5iii pre/Krell FPB 300cx amp/VSE 5HSE speakers, top cables and PC's) but this kicked it up about 20%-25% in sound quality. More depth, more realism, more liquidity, more naturalness, more life. I removed the device and reinstalled it several times just to check, and each time the sound became flat and one-dimensional.

I have only had the Akiko for about a week, but every time I turn on my stereo, and whether listening to music through the DAC or my Sansui TU-9900 tuner, my head snaps back and I say to myself: Zounds! Does that sound good!

So forgive me for gushing, but I have been at this audio mania for over 40 years and am not easily impressed., But this is an extremely impressive product. There is no guarantee the Triple AC, more than 2x the AC price, will be any better let alone twice as good as the AC, but I aim to find out. Of course, I cannot tell you what it will do in your system. Jaguar Audio sells these (nice, responsive folks) and I think they have a 14 day return policy. I doubt you will return it.

Neal
nglazer

Showing 1 response by aolmrd1241

Akiko Audio tuning sticks are the best tweak this listener has ever used. I have the Triple AC pluged into my dedicated wall outlet which feeds the system through my Shunyata line conditioner, along with Universal sticks on my speaker cables...speaker side. I also have a rca stick pluged into my subwoofer and a balanced version pluged into my dac.

As with most things to much of a good thing can reverse intended outcomes. I had another AC stick in my hydra 8 and I felt it added nothing and actually took away from the sound quality.The biggest improvement in my system is a more natural and harmonic upgrade to the sound.The higher frequency's have a more robust shimmer and the mid's have more coherent staging. Voices come alive in a more organic way. Meat on the bones if you will.

Of course ymmv but that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Mark