AH Njoe Tjoeb 4000. Is it bad idea?

My Triangle Celius ES is sitting at the corner of my living livingroom doing nothing. I'm thinking of AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 for CDP and Primaluna Prologue Two for Int. Tube Amp.
My Concern is that someone posted his response to my question on Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 saying that too many tube components may give too much warm and soft sound.

I want to hear your opinion on my decision or any alternative used or new around $1,000 to AH! Njoe Tjoeb 4000.

Thank you,
Chulhee
chulheekim
This is a pretty system dependent question. I suppose too many tubes could impart excessive warmth, but I also think it depends on what those tube components are. In my system, I decided against a tube digital front end, since I was already running a tube amp and preamp, made by the same manufacturer, that is known for a fat and warm house sound. I tried a couple tube CDPs and did find that the music was a bit too fat and warm for my tastes. Might the result have been different if my tube amp and/or preamp were from a different manufacturer, possibly, but at the time that is all I had to go on.

If possible you should get the Njoe Tjoeb on a trial basis and check it out for yourself. Upscale Audio offers a trial period with a 10% restocking fee. A small price to pay to guarantee system compatibility. Also, I noticed Upscale has a used Cary 308 (not the 308T which is the tubed version) for $899. Not a bad deal for an excellent CDP. I have also heard good things about the Onix CDP which is in your price range. I believe Underwood Wally sells them and I think he also provides a trial period. The only way to truly find out what is best in your system is to sit and listen.
I don't think that you will find the Prologue II to be overly warm,that is not the PrimaLuna "house-sound".It has good tonal color without excess.I believe the CD player will complement it.However,I like the Gamut much better-probably want to buy the MKII version.The original unit cannot be left in continuous repeat or pause without burning out the drive motor.You can tell it was designed by a music lover,and there are some inexpensive mods that will further its' performance.
I love my NT 4000 with upsampler. I play it through a Creek 5350SE and Von Schweikert VR-1s and REL sub in a small room, near-field. I have compared only to my Classe, by swapping it in and out of my other system. Clio09 is correct. It sounds different in different systems and in different rooms. I don't think it is very warm. I describe it (through my system) as detailed, not brittle, with a nicely balanced midrange and transition to bass. A good deal for the money, but now there are many others to choose from. My opinion: It is more important which speakers you pair it with, than the electronics, at this price range. Good luck!
My upsampled Njoe Tjoeb 4000 is part of an all tube system that I find to be fully satisfying.