Ah 4000 vs. Shanling T100, anyone compared....?

I have had an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 for about 3 years now. I've modded it out, rolled dozens of tubes to find what gives me the best detail, transparency, imaging, soundstage, and so on... and I believe I've taken the unit as far as it can go. I'm considering finding another unit as my source, and I'm considering a Shanling CD T-100, right now. But most of the positive reviews for the Shanling I've come across are actually for the highly modded units, not the stock T100, and I simply can't swing an extra $2,500 on top of the purchase price of the new unit itself.

Has anyone had a chance to hear a Shanling T100 (either stock or a "Level 1" mod) and compared it to an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 with mods...? I'd really love to know if a stock or Level 1 modded Shanling is a noticeable step up, as a modded Ah! is already so much better than a stock Ah! 4000. Is there much difference between the Ah! and the T100 that anyone can say they've heard themselves and can confirm...?
gmeades

Showing 2 responses by kaaos

I had a chance to hear both and I own Tjoeb. I think Shanling is nothing special apart from look.

My suggestion is forget the look, you already have modified player and you know it sounds much better than most of the unmodified players within the same price range, so why you don't continue the same way? Find something wich is much better modified unit like APL, eXemplar or Modwright.

Me...?! after reading so many positive reviews about APL players I decide to buy APL 3910.
I think you are probably right, I don't know if T100 I've heard was stock or not.

Regards
Kaaos