Agree or disagree with the following statement.

Trying to get some input on an issue that a few of us are debating.

Statement:

If you have never listened to any particular component, you can't have an opinion on how it sounds.

Answer:

I don't agree with that. Measurements provide a fairly good indication of how something will sound. That's the beauty of science -- it's not necessary to have first hand experience to make reasonable judgments. You likely disagree and that could be a difference in our background and education."

So, the issue at hand is, can tell how a component sounds without listening to it, and just go on specs? Or, do you have to listen to it, as well, because the specs don't tell the whole story?
zd542
Mapman, you know I hate to brag but what makes the Clever Little Clock so clever is that it doesn't even have to be plugged into the wall outlet. It's battery powered. It also has nothing to do with what you think it does, e.g. Power lines or even the audio signal anywhere in the system.
Geoff, clever, if you must say so yourself.

I'm sure its been called many things.
NOW: if the original question had only been, "Can a blind person tell what time it is, simply by knowing how accurate his clock is?".......