Agoners: Need Advice! Have 3K to spend on an Amp, what do I do with no way to audition?

Looking for a solid State Amp, something that will go for 30 years or more (My Last Amp), so I don't need high maintenance, with at least 200 WPC @ 8 ohm load.  SO many to choose from...I've narrowed my choices down to several brands, due to the consistency of great reviews; Krell, Pass Labs, Audio Research, McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Classe.  Now looking serious at a couple by Krell or Pass.  I love most types of music, classical, jazz, rock, punk, electronica, metal, but not Rap & Country.  I love great detail in my music, fast and bold but rich and  warm, played soft or loud with a big soundstage, love bass slam and crisp highs, too much midrange hurts my ears. Which amp does it all???  Wife has me limited to this, you know how that is :(...Please help me out here folks...I've been in this dilemma for a few years, it's time to make a decision and buy! 
128x128cohicks4
IF you want a brand new one, then you should simply buy a Parasound A21 and spend rest of the money for buying music or upgrading other components in your system.
if this is a 30 year amp, you simply need to audition...milpal likes the A21, I do not, and much prefer the Odyssey's - we're both right !!!
@silverfoxtv1800  Yes, a good amp or better yet, good monoblock amps will clearly surpass any receiver. There are too many compromises with too much going on in one box(e.g. separating power supplies reduces noise). You need to do some listening to some better systems and decide for yourself. Cheers,
Spencer
jafant,
I will check out John Fort Audio, thank you for the tip! I've received many recommendations for the Parasound Halo A21, that's the top contender for me right now.
Something you can audition locally:

Audio Research DS225 stereo power amp, silver
- solid state ARC amp delivering over 200 watts per channel with much of the beauty of their tube amps. Cool-running and compact. - used - $2700

http://audioconceptsonline.com/demo%20used.htm

Looks like they have a matching pream for sale also.  Personally I am using a Pass INT-150.  Paid a little over $3k for it used.  Lots of good choices  though.