Agoners: Need Advice! Have 3K to spend on an Amp, what do I do with no way to audition?

Looking for a solid State Amp, something that will go for 30 years or more (My Last Amp), so I don't need high maintenance, with at least 200 WPC @ 8 ohm load.  SO many to choose from...I've narrowed my choices down to several brands, due to the consistency of great reviews; Krell, Pass Labs, Audio Research, McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Classe.  Now looking serious at a couple by Krell or Pass.  I love most types of music, classical, jazz, rock, punk, electronica, metal, but not Rap & Country.  I love great detail in my music, fast and bold but rich and  warm, played soft or loud with a big soundstage, love bass slam and crisp highs, too much midrange hurts my ears. Which amp does it all???  Wife has me limited to this, you know how that is :(...Please help me out here folks...I've been in this dilemma for a few years, it's time to make a decision and buy! 
128x128cohicks4
You mentioned, "no audition" as a concern.  Both Odyssey and Sanders(Magtech) offer thirty day, no questions returns.  Klaus' amps are made right here in the Indiana and fit well within your budget.
Pass labs if you can find one that’s not over 5 yes old in your price range.

2nd would be Parasound Halo A21 - simply Superb! Got 3 of them!

3rd would be "ClassDAudio" SDS 470C - AMAZING SS + TUBE sound for $700 (1st if you consider the value) - it can drive anything well.  Use it the most.
http://www.classdaudio.com/sds-series-amplifiers/sds-470c-class-d-audio-power-amplifier/
Pass labs if you can find one that’s not over 5 yes old in your price range.

bassdude,

Why must Pass Labs be less than 5 years old?

I have owned many Pass amps including some Alephs from early 90`s. The reliability is second to none. They are made to last from father to son.
i dont see how you can get any of the amps you listed for 3K, even second hand. If you want one that does it all, does it well if not very well, will last......., and stays in the 3K, there is the Benchmark AHB2 which is just quite incredible. However, the speakers being the most decisive equipment in a system, it will also depend greatly on them.
cohicks4

there are several excellent Audio shops in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
Have you been to John Fort Audio?