Aftermarket Fuses

Can I set the ground rules up front?? I hope so. There are two camps. One who can hear different audible reproduction using aftermarket fuses. The second camp can not justify in theory, or can not hear a difference in fuses. Fine. I respect both camps. Can we hold this discussion to those who can hear an audible difference in fuses?? Can we? If so, what is your choice in aftermarket fuses and describe, please, what you hear.
imgoodwithtools
xtinct11 posts01-18-2019 6:23amHello guys,

from my experience, simply cleaning the fuses contact points and the plus with acetone can reap very noticeable improvements. Treble becomes more airy and bass more defined and visceral. Therefore I am in no doubt that fuses can make an appreciable audible difference. However, the pricing is ridiculous. If these greedy manufacturers weren’t so stupid and priced their products reasonably, they would sell a lot more and some of this resistance against such tweaks would fade away as more people would witness the audible difference.

>>>>Don’t worry so much. The aftermarket fuse makers are doing pretty well. More than 80,000 sold and counting. 
If these greedy manufacturers weren’t so stupid and priced their products reasonably, they would sell a lot more and some of this resistance against such tweaks would fade away as more people would witness the audible difference.
While I kind of agree that the prices do appear to be steep I really do not think it would make much difference how they priced them tbh.
Even if the SR Blue was priced at $50 say instead of $150 there would still be plenty of naysayers claiming a $2 Littelfuse is all you need!
Might they actually sell more?
Possible.
Would the revenue they recover exceed that if priced higher?
Doubtfull imho.
To the OP and Oregonpapa....I'm going to be ordering the SR blue fuse to go into my Auralic Vega G2 streamer...and was wondering what specific piano pieces you listen to for your comparisons.  I'm going to look for these in Tidal to do a comparison versus my stock fuse.  In regards to the fuses, I was deciding between the Audio Magic Beeswax Ultimate and the SR blue, but there doesn't seem to be much written on the Audio Magic...and the SR blue is less expensive.....
One of my references is Marian McPartland's Reprise- Hickory House Trio from 1999. Well performed and recorded jazz music in an intimate, live setting.
When it comes to fuses, I really believe in Winlyn brand. The fuses work as advertised, I had a blown fuse for over a year for a charging port that I really didn't care about it now it works.