After years of separates, I'm going integrated. Anyone else do the same?

I'm rethinking my listening room. I want my audio rack to be more minimalist vs lots of boxes, wires, and clutter. I know separates, in general, will sound better. However, at the level of my system, I'm not certain the difference would be as apparent. In the grand scheme of things of Audiophilia, my level of components are mid-fi at best (BHK Pre, First Watt J2, Elac PPA-2 phono, Pro-ject s2 Dac, ZU Omen Defs)

I'm favoring one of the Luxman Class A's (I know Luxman is getting out of the Class A business. The only way I would favor a built-in Dac is if it were upgradable like McIntosh or Accuphase. I'm guessing a Luxman or Mac built-in phono would sound just as good as to what I have now (Elac PPA-2).

So the question is, who else has gone to integrated? Do you regret the move or are you glad you did?

aberyclark

There is nothing wrong with integrateds, it takes the guess work out of matching a preamp to power amp and eliminates some cabling. The only thing is you need to buy one that don't share the same power supply unless that power supply is way over-built. As such I couldn't find one that could deliver the goods like my separates but as far as sound quality they are there,

OP:   I want my audio rack to be more minimalist vs lots of boxes, wires, and clutter.

In that direction, I've a music server and a DAC/preamp box on one stand, 2 active floor-stander speakers....done.  Digital cable from server to DAC, XLR from DAC to speakers.....done.  I cannot simply any further and still be in the game.

I barely have 3K in everything I ever bought. Sure made more though.

Guess I'll keep rolling with my $20 Denon PMA 980R, and $30 Totem Mani 2's.

(Sansui AU 919 needs a refresh, Yamaha CR 2040 just needs light)

Just breaking in a CODA CSiB.  24 hrs on it and sounds pretty good.  Really wanted a Diablo 300 but hard to find for10k in good shape. Pass Int 250 are not available till next year. Luxman not enough power.  Looks like there maybe one more upgrade in me at 64😀