Aesthetix Romulus Signature Upgrade Worth the $3,000 ?

Hi all,

I just purchased a "base" Aesthetix Romulus and am very happy with it. Has anyone had their unit upgraded to Signature or heard the base unit and Signature unit side by side? I am wondering what the sonic differences were and if you think it is a worthwhile upgrade. The vast majority of my units use is spinning cd's on a high resolution system. I would be particularly interested in the difference in dynamics and bass extension with the upgrade.

Thanks for looking!!

billandsol

Showing 6 responses by audiolabyrinth

Hi rja, are you using the Romulus straight to an amplifier?,  if so,  what amplifier's are you using? ,tell me how much better the eclipse is than the signature,  and standard model's, all with volume control, have you compared useing the player's volume control to an active pre-amp?
The Mullard nos 10m tube's for the 12ax7 tube's is the best I  know of,  likely good for 6922 tube's as well. 
Hi rja,  thanks for the reply,  I like the mods you done to your McCormack amplifier,  I would like to listen to it,  btw,  does the eclipse sound better than the signature? , if so,  what are the differences? 
Well the popular opinion here is the transport in the Romulus is lousy! , does the Pandora eclipse have optional volume control? 
Grannyring,  which model apprentice stand are you referring to for the Romulus?