Aero Capitole as pre-amp for Spectral DMA-150?

Hi,
Can I use an Aero Capitole mk II directly into my Spectral DMA-150 without problems? I consider buying this magnificent cdp, but my Spectral dealer predicts major disasters because the ultrawide band Spectral cannot cope with possible megahertz artefacts produced by the cdp. He has experienced several fatal problems caused by Mark Levinson 39 or 390S cdp's used as a pre amp. He doesn't sell or knows the Capitol, but fears it will even be worse because of the tubed ouput stage.

I really should like to get your opinion on this -- can this doom scenario become reality? The gear is far too expenisive to take any risks...
Is my Spectral that sensitive? My current pre amp is the hybrid ARC LS-2 II, which operates flawless with the DMA-150 (and MIT Oracles/Kharma Ceramique 1.1)

Thanks in advance, and a merry Xmas!
Lourens
lourenz

Showing 1 response by marcelq34e0

I read your direct e-mail.
Considering the fabulous deal you get on DCS , I would go for that Purcell/Delius set up without any doubt.
If you keep on chosing AA cap. 2 , do not consider its preamplifier as a final set up : a good preamp will boost it further. AA cap. 2 might be a good temporary solution while you search for a good preamp which is not an easy task .