Aerial 9 need a sub?

Buying a speaker without hearing it is a gamble. If I purchased a pair of Aerial 9 speakers would I need a sub to get nice soft bass? I don't listen to loud music but I still want the full range sound.
dpm2340
If it can actually reach 30Hz in-room at loud volumes, a sub isn’t needed if your content doesn’t have deep bass (movies, hip-hop, etc.), like most rock music has nothing below 40Hz. I always run subs in my setups as the content I consume benefits greatly from doing so.
jazz and vocals are what I like. I do play the occasional rock but not very often. I use a BAT VK500 amp.
A properly implemented sub will free up the amp from working to get those power hungry bass tones....and therefore the mids will become more accurate with greater ease.
Do you mean Aerial Acoustics? I have the older 7B towers. I never felt like I needed a sub but tried a large, maybe 12" B&W powered sub along with them and did not care for it.

Now, my amp is 250w per channel so it has power to spare even for these (I've heard) inefficient speakers.

In any case, I find the tight, precise bass to be one of the strong points of the 7Bs and felt like the sub muddied things up a bit. Maybe a better sub would have given different results, I don't know.

But even with music like Saint-Saenz organ symphony it will shake the room at moderate volume and still not get muddy.

It looks like the 9 has two more woofers per speaker than my 7Bs so I have a hard time imagining why they would 'need' a sub.