Aerial 7T/6 vs Vandersteen Quatro/Treo/2Ce Sig II

I am still trying to make up my mind on which Vandersteen speaker to get. Leaning towards 2Ce Sig II.

I came across Aerial Acoustics speakers and read the reviews of 7T and 6 which caught my interest. I do not think I can audition them where I live so I have no way to compare them to Vandersteen.

I was caught by the reviews mentioning how Aerial Acoustics speakers throw a large soundstage and very good with instrument placing/imaging.

I want to hear from people who have spend good time with both Vandersteen and Aerial speakers on how they compare.

Any insight is helpful
geek101

Showing 3 responses by geek101

Hi Dodgealum,

How different is the sound from Aerial compared to Vandersteen in your opinion?.

thanks
Hi Dodgealum,

My current setup is Paradigm Studio v3 40s in the front, Paradigm Studio v3 20s in the back. With Aperion sub , Paradigm Studio Center and all speakers powered by Marantz SR7005.

My budget is flexible from 10K to 15K, I am willing to go with used speakers and components. I want to start with Speakers and buy matching components. Want to use Marantz SR7005 for Movies but front speakers will be powered by separate amps, leaning towards Rogue Audio, Emotiva etc for amps.

My room size is 24ftx22ftx8ft. Speakers will be placed on the 22ft side.

I listen to classic rock and enjoy movies a lot with my family. I want speakers that disappear when I listen to music. Large soundstage, clear separation of instruments and accurate voice reproduction is important for me. I love the sound of Vandy's I only auditioned 2Ce Sig IIs and 3A and I liked 3As. I am unable to audition Treo/Quatro/5A with the Vandy dealer that is close to my place. I like listening to low volumes btw.

I have heard B&W CM9s, Dynaudio Focus series, Monitor Audio, Kef, Theil 3.7 and they all did not even come close to Vandys as far as my ears are concerned.

I can audition Vandy Treo/Quatro/5A and Aerial Acousitcs from different dealers if I drive 10 hours each way. I want to hear what folks here feel before I put my wife through that drive :).

thanks in advance.

Hi Soix,

Emotiva is one of the many options, the reviews seem to suggest the XPAs and XPRs are more than match for Vandys. I am impressed by Rogue Audio too either will work fine with me.

ARC or Ayre gear seems to be favorites with respect to using them with Vandersteens but I do not want to get them unless I can notice a difference that will justify the cost bump.