Aerial 10 T and EAD Poermaster 1000 ?

I am currently using the aerial model 6 with the ead powermaster 1000 (200x5 in 8 ohms), I am thinking of going to the aerial 10 t, any opinions if the ead would be suficient
128x128samski

Showing 4 responses by sfbaydude

I have 10Ts driven by a Krell FPB 200c. So this amp puts out tons of current. If I recall the impedance of the Aerials is 4 ohms. With the Krell, at 4 ohms it puts out 400 w/c. This level of amplification and in class A is great with the 10T. Now if you EAD will do that, then you will be pleased. Just look to see what the wattage is at 4 ohms; if it doubles with the other channels being driven, then you are fine. I understand the 10T sounds even better with the Krell 600, but I can't hear those differences. I can tell you one thing, you will be way happier with the 10T than the 6. I was gonna go with the 7b, but the difference was just too awesome, so I bought the 10Ts and in rosewood too. Plan on biwiring. This setup rocks!!
Well, one thing's for certain, those of us with 10Ts are very lucky indeed! Gee Weiserb I have heard them with ARC tubes at 200 per side. It was very nice, and I didn't listen to them critically enough to compare them to my Krell. Still we're all pleased and using high end, though different, amplification. Kelly knows what he's doing!
You guys with 10Ts: What kinds of room treatments have you been using? And do you use the stands? I don't have any room treatments. I have it set with room objects doing absorption and reflection. I've got concrete floors (carpeted) and walls. I'm using the stands. Looking forward to your responses.
Sound_decisions: Thanks for the comments. I've got a clarification question for you. My ears are at slightly different heights depending on the angle of my reclining listening chair; it's extremely adjustable, even height. Regardless, my ears are generally at the height you specify. Do you think that the increased separation and more focused soundstage relates to that height position or to the removal of the felt ring and replacement with brass nuts (acorn??)? I would also say that I use them in a HT setup, but mostly for listening in stereo. See my first post in this thread re my amplification; my dealer also sells EAD, and he would not let me get any EAD equipment (compared to all Krell). I've got a cc3 and SR3s. Oh another question: Do you think the cc3 sounds significantly different from the cc3b? Thanks!