Advise Needed, Best speakers for approx $15,000

Hi There,
Cary 306/200
Pass X0.2 Pre
Halo JC1 Monoblocks

Musical Tastes mainly pop, female vocals, old and new rock, some heavymetal , some dance.

Room is 30' long X 20' Wide. Listening distance is 10'

I have a budget of about $15,000.00 to play with. Looking for speakers that are dynamic,coherent and have good bass extension and slam along with all the other usualy hifi qualties, transparency, detail,openess and imaging.

So far have been seriously considering:

JM Labs Utopia Alto's
Vanderstenn 5A
Meadlark Blue Heron2

Other possible choices:

VMPS RM/X
Something from Kharma
Revel Studios or Salon's
B&W Sig 800's
Wilson WP7

I live in small city , I can audition none of these locally. Loooking for advise, opinions on the last speaker I will buy for a long time.

Thanks,
Magoo
magoo

Showing 1 response by proy

Infinity MTS Prelude with the RABOS Subs, look no more awesome set up, you can buy new for 10K look at Stereophile Mag Class AA up with the Big Boys $80,000 +++. You can buy
used for $5500,$6500 on this site.
I own them, I auditon the Wilsons ,Revels , B&W. My brother also, only 3 months ago was looking at the Talons K X and the Eggelston, bought the Infinity's on site, New. They are small in size , the subs are self powered. easy to set up big room ,small room whatever. I would recommend to get it down to 3 of your favorites and work your way to the ones that sounds best to you. Don't go by reviews or what poeple say, ( does help but your ears is what matters) you must listen to them on your home stereo at home, that's tought but the only way.
Good Luck