Advice: Yamaha Cds 2100 black or silver?

Hello, thanks for looking. I'm trying to decide on which Yamaha CDS-2100 to get, specifically the color. The unit comes in black and silver, and wanted to get some feedback on how the colors deal with oils/fingerprints, etc.

I tend to prefer to get black audio gear, but I've seen a few units with oil/fingerprint transfer, and it looks pretty unappealing. The amp I will be using with it (rogue Cronus Magum II) is black. Though I do not know how old those units were or how well they were taken care of, so hopefully those knowledgeable on the subject can sedan some light on this.

If any owners here can give me some advice and their impressions after owning the unit for a while, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am set on getting the Yamaha, I managed to snag a brand new unit through a friend who is an authorized dealer for a crazy good deal.
128x128mepstein10

Showing 1 response by stereo5

For 40+ years, my equipment has always been black. My experience is that is shows every fingerprint and skin oil transfer. In the last 4 years, all my new equipment is now silver as it always looks good, plus I got tired of the black color.

Your Rogue Cronus MagnumII is an excellent tube integrated. I use a Cronus Magnum in my secondary system. I upgraded all the small tubes and the sound is much improved over the cheap JJ tubes used by the factory. The Cronus MagnumII only came out within the last 6 months or so.