Advice re CD Player upgrade requested

So I have upgraded all the components in my  2 channel system recently.The only thing left is the CD player.Replacing a 20 year old Sony ES 5 disc carousel unit.Still sounds pretty good.

My budget I know is "low" for this forum but I would like to keep it between $400-1K.

Not thrilled with the Rega player as it does not fit ergonomically into my audio rack.

Right now I'm considering the Marantz CD 6006 the cheaper 5005 or if I can get my dealer to give me some discount maybe the Musical Fidelity M3scd.

Don't care for Cambridge audio.

My dream CD player would be either a Bryston or MCIntosh player.My amp is the McIntosh MA 252.

Any other alternatives in the 'Low/mid price" category?
Thanks all!

Gabe
gabor2525
@gabor2525. 

Congratulations on your purchase!  Once you have it and have it broken in, it would be nice to hear how it sounds in your system.
Post removed 
Believe it or not a new or used Oppo would be really a great unit. Bdp 95 or bdp105 is excellent and should be cheaper by now.
Post removed 
You are so right mental, most of us have different combinations of components.

Mike,I do own an Oppo BDP 103 which is used exclusively for DVD video.My 2 channel system is dedicated toward music, housed in a custom made cabinet.Since the 1970s,my stereo system has always taken priority over the TV.
According to my dealer,a long time respected retailer in our area, the Marantz CD 6006 is a very good unit.We shall see....