Advice re CD Player upgrade requested

So I have upgraded all the components in my  2 channel system recently.The only thing left is the CD player.Replacing a 20 year old Sony ES 5 disc carousel unit.Still sounds pretty good.

My budget I know is "low" for this forum but I would like to keep it between $400-1K.

Not thrilled with the Rega player as it does not fit ergonomically into my audio rack.

Right now I'm considering the Marantz CD 6006 the cheaper 5005 or if I can get my dealer to give me some discount maybe the Musical Fidelity M3scd.

Don't care for Cambridge audio.

My dream CD player would be either a Bryston or MCIntosh player.My amp is the McIntosh MA 252.

Any other alternatives in the 'Low/mid price" category?
Thanks all!

Gabe
gabor2525
Thanks everyone!

I will consider all of your options.The MAC player is out due to my budget.So is the Bryston I guess.

My Sony player is over 20 years old so I was thinking that perhaps the newer  technologies would enhance listening.As they say, the source component is crucial in the chain.

Gabe

@gabor2525. I just recently replaced an 8 year old MacBook Pro with a new one.  The difference in performance, speed especially, is amazing.  The improvement in the processing of your music with a new player with current technology processing chips alone should be remarkable.  You'll notice the difference in the little details and soundstage.  You will enjoy the "realness".  Go for it!
Thanks all.

I ordered the CD 6006 by Marantz.Like it's features .Delete function, random play,USB A slot for iPod.Also got a 15% discount on the list price....
Not sure why you dismiss Cambridge, as some of their players will best a lot of the players on your list. IMHO.