Advice on bulk record pricing?

I've got more records than I want to keep, and I'm coming off a major surgery and could use some cash.

I don't want to turn pricing/selling records into a full-time job, but I also don't want to sell $20 records for $5. I know I'll have to grade them, but I'd rather not spend a ton of time researching pricing in addition to the time it'll take to do the grading.

So, what's the easiest effective to way to get real-world pricing on records? Something faster than going to ebay and looking at the last 10 sales.

Thanks!
bassface

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Take actusreus suggestion. In the metro NYC area there are a few dealers that will show up and give a bulk price. Often that is no more then $1 a record. These dealers randomly pick about five records, look at jacket and surface condition and give a price. They pickup, pay cash and leave you feeling 'empty', which is a good thing. An alternate is to hire a senior high school kid who will put them on ebay. A fair arrangement would pay s/he $15 per hour and give them 40% of the net sales price after all fees and shipping is deducted. With all the latter effort, you may get an average of $1.50 a record. Must go now, the GoodWill store is calling to arrange another pickup of my 'stuff'.