Advice on Balanced Cables

Well, the time has come. I have finally purchased a pre-amp that accepts balanced cables. For years I had a CJ PV12, and as I've been told "for the sake of cost" they always used RCA. Anyway, I've moved to home theater mainly, and so I bought a Proceed AVP. But for the occasional music I'd like to run a balanced IC from my Meridian 508.24 to the AVP, and then to my Bryston 4B-ST. I know, I know, could this combo be any stranger? I've been using 1m Audioquest Lapis RCA. What would be a noticable upgrade, a balanced run of Python? These cables are going to be it for quite awile, so cost is really secondary. Thanks all.
argent

Showing 1 response by bmw2002

Argent:

I have a Bryston 4b-st & a Bryston bp-20 preamp & a rotel RC-991 cd player ... all have balanced connects. The amp / preamp are connected w/ Kimber KCAG balanced ... a minor improvement over the KCAG (rca) interconnects. the cd player was/is originally connected w/ Lapis x3 (rca) and is now also connected w/ Cardas Neutral (balanced). the cd sounded great w/ the lapis ic's but the improvement w/ the cardas neutral was impressive ... the soundstage opened up quite a bit. i listen to Magnepan MG IIIa speakers which already have a very open sound.

hope this helps - scott