Advice from members

I have just started putting my first system together and have been enjoying it for about 6 months or so and am starting to research what I should upgrade in the current system next. I am looking to improve both clarity and soundstage. This is what I am currently running, the biggest and most noticable difference to date has come with the introduction of room correction via the Dspeaker Dual Core. Here is the current setup. I am debating on simplifying by going to a all in one solution like a Anthem STR integrated OR introducing a higher quality DAC into the current system:
  • Source: Innuos Music Server (MINI MK2) running Roon server and being used as a player
  • DAC/Preamp/Room Correction - Antimode Dual Core. - To leverage the best input on the dual core I am using a Musical Fidelity VLINK USB to SPDIF (24/96) converter
  • AMP - Using a Jolida 1501P Hybrid AMP
  • Speakers - ELAC Unifi UF5 Floor Standing with a ORB Audio 200 watt Sub that is corrected via the Dual Core.
I am wondering what the weakest link the chain is and the one I should look at upgrading next.
Many thanks in advance, looking forward to everyones feedback.
palakapatel

Showing 1 response by astewart8944

+1 audioengr statement regarding the USB converter. I own a Berkeley Alpha USB Converter and it made a big difference for my system. Oh, and don't forget to trust your ears more than all of us who have never been in your room and don't get to hear in real time what you are hearing. This community is helpful and opinionated and diverse in beliefs about what works and what doesn't. You have to live with what you buy; we don't. You know what you like better than anyone else and chances are you will know it when you hear it. Welcome to the journey.
Regards
AlĀ