Advice for high end tube preamp for ss amp HELP

Hello all audiogon friends. I have so much appreciation for all of you who take the time to answer my questions and give great advice time and time again. My newest question is advice for getting into a tube preamp. I currently have a krell ksa-100s amp paired with a krell krc preamp and do really enjoy the combo. I am thinking that maybe a high end tube preamplifier would be a wise move. I think I would benefit from a little warmer sound as I have extremely revealing Coincident Super Eclipse speakers. My requirements would be excellent reputation, user friendliness, ht pass thru, and compatablilty with my krell ksa 100s. I am thinking along the lines of BAT, ARC, or Thor. I will be buying used hopefully 1,000-2500 if it is worth it. These are just based on reading reviews, and opinions of others. I know auditioning would be best, but that isn't possible for me. I will have to buy based on help from my a'gon friends. Thanks to all for making me love this hobby.
nicksgem10s

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

First Sound Presence Deluxe II....superb with precision detail, construction like a tank, 6 inputs, with the hotrod version, 1 input, but signal directly heated to the tubes. Just two 6922 tubes to worry about, tube rolling on the cheap. Upgradability in the future with factory mods. All around your price range. Great resale value. Beats most tube preamps outright. I would be wary of Rogue 99Magnum preamp, for it seems as if it is prone to RF interference as well as tube noise, if all is not perfectly in tune, such as matching tubes etc.