Advice for a tube newbie: McIntosh MC275

Just bought my first tube piece. I went for the MC275 re-issue because of all the great reviews and dealer recommendations especially from dealers who do not carry the McIntosh line. Got a SMOKING deal as well so I had to go for it. So now I have this thing arriving on Tuesday and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Any advice would be appreciated.

My current system:

McIntosh MHT200 HT receiver
McIntosh MVP851 for DVD/CD
B&W Nautilus 804 and HTM2 fronts and SCM1 rears
MIT Magnum 3 speaker cable
Synergistic Designer reference interconnects

The options I came up with were:

OPTION 1: Use the MC275 to power Left and Right channels through the MHT200 connecting to the 804s via the MIT Magnum 3 cables. I have no idea what interconnects to run between the MHT and the MC so any advice here will be helpful.

OPTION 2: Run the MC275 as a seperate ZONE B system with different speaker cable into the 804s.

OPTION 3:Use the MC275 with my iPod and the SCM1 as a 2nd bedroom system.

OPTION 4: Sell off the MHT200 and center rear speakers and go buy a pre-amp and stick to 2 channel music only.

My musical taste runs almost excusively to Baroque opera and instrumental, especially solo harpsichord. Any other options would be appreciated as well. Thank you.
pookie10

Showing 1 response by tumbler

My MC-275 runs the fronts of an MX-119 based HT system. It drives a pair of Totem Mani-2s. Quite an experince. I also run a REL Stadium III sub. Enjoy the Mac! BTW, I used to run the same set-up with an MHT-100 and an MC-252 for the fronts.