Advice for a tube newbie: McIntosh MC275

Just bought my first tube piece. I went for the MC275 re-issue because of all the great reviews and dealer recommendations especially from dealers who do not carry the McIntosh line. Got a SMOKING deal as well so I had to go for it. So now I have this thing arriving on Tuesday and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Any advice would be appreciated.

My current system:

McIntosh MHT200 HT receiver
McIntosh MVP851 for DVD/CD
B&W Nautilus 804 and HTM2 fronts and SCM1 rears
MIT Magnum 3 speaker cable
Synergistic Designer reference interconnects

The options I came up with were:

OPTION 1: Use the MC275 to power Left and Right channels through the MHT200 connecting to the 804s via the MIT Magnum 3 cables. I have no idea what interconnects to run between the MHT and the MC so any advice here will be helpful.

OPTION 2: Run the MC275 as a seperate ZONE B system with different speaker cable into the 804s.

OPTION 3:Use the MC275 with my iPod and the SCM1 as a 2nd bedroom system.

OPTION 4: Sell off the MHT200 and center rear speakers and go buy a pre-amp and stick to 2 channel music only.

My musical taste runs almost excusively to Baroque opera and instrumental, especially solo harpsichord. Any other options would be appreciated as well. Thank you.
pookie10

Showing 1 response by theo

Option two makes the most sense to me. You're out fom some more cables but that is it. Also you will have the advantage of having both SS and Tube for a change, by switching from Zone A to B, from time to time. As Certs used to advertise "It's Two..Two systems in one!"