Advice for a new Oracle Delphi Owner

Calling all Oracle Delphi owners, I recently bought a nice condition MK III and have a couple of questions for existing or previous owners of this fine turntable.

My questions are.

1) Do you always switch off the platter each time you change the record over or try to unclamp, flip over, re clamp whilst the platter is spinning. If the answer is yes I assume the motor is robust enough for the constant switching on and off?

2) Do you ever play with an alternative platter mat without the clamp. If so what brand.

I really like this turntable and it sounds excellent with no issues evident at the moment. My only thoughts are that it is a little more time consuming to use due to the constant power off, unclamp, place record, reclamp, power on and play routine for every side of play. 

Look forward to any input.

Thanks.
ateal
Buy a Siemens N324/41A 24 Volts power supply on internet and your Delphi will sound gorgeous ! Cheap upgrade .

This is the most sexy turntable ever made !

Jean

Buy a Siemens N324/41A 24 Volts power supply on internet and your Delphi will sound gorgeous ! Cheap upgrade .

This is the most sexy turntable ever made !

Jean

Merlinm3, if your question was directed at me, I apologize for the slow response. I forgot to check off ’follow this thread’. I did fool around with the non-Oracle acrylic mat more after my post. I found the best arrangement was to place the washer on top of that mat. It sounds very good; but I prefer the GI. A tad more ’body’ to the sound. I may try some tweaking - rough-up the platter side or tac it down with some Duco that can be easily removed. And it is nice to be able to play with matching mats with cartridges. The GI with my dynavector and Denon, the acrylic with my Shure.

I have another question for the experts. I recently came into possession of the felt mat that Oracle sold with the Alex MK III and MK IV. It is by far the nicest felt I’ve ever seen or heard, a 3 ply affair consisting of soft felt/stiff fiber/harder, smoother felt. It is difficult for me to tell if there is much difference in SQ from the GI. My question is, why do you think Oracle made the switch? Does it mate better with the MK III & MK IV, or was it a cost savings compromise?

Does anyone have any insight?
"Buy a Siemens N324/41A 24 Volts power supply on internet "
Jean, could you elaborate? I can't seem to find one.
I now have an Alexandria MK III. It has a platter that is quite different than the MK II, one piece with no lip or wave trap. I spent some time comparing the 3-ply felt mat, a Pro-Ject cork-it, the Groove Isolator, and the custom acrylic. The differences are not monumental; but on the MK III I like the acrylic better. The most notable change is more vertical dimension to the soundstage. The cymbal sounds distinctly higher than the bass drum. I like it and I'm thinking of going semi-permanent with double sided tape. I wish I could find a convex model at a reasonable price. I still like the GI better on the MK II, which I will probably sell. I am not sure I will be able to part with the GI, however.