ADS L1090 or HPM 100's

Greetings,

Picked up a nice set of ADS L570's from this site a few weeks back. I like the speakers, very transparent. I have an old Marantz and looking for another set to pair with the L570's. I can pick up a set of L1090's and have a complete ADS speaker system. But..I have read more bass heavy models like the HPM's, Advents etc. work very well with ADS speakers being they lack some lows and are very pronounced in the low mids, and have tight bass. Soemthing tells me I would really like a more "bassy" speaker to go with the ADS L570's. I can also pick up a pair of DLK Mod 1's from the same guy selling the L1090's which also interest me. The wife is telling me she wants more bass and like the ADS speakers, but wants more an oldschool bassy tone....what to do? Anyone mix and match these models before?

Thank You,
ricplaya

Showing 1 response by loomisjohnson

ricplaya, when you speak of complimenting the ads 570, are you talking about running another pair of speakers in order to augment the bass? if so, i'd simply get a sub, which will hightlight rather than murk up the high frequencies. if for some reason you feel compelled to run more than one pair of speakers, i'd stay in the ads family so that at least the drivers will have similar sonic characteristics. as for the hpm100s, i own some and (like jig) think they're tons of fun, if not esp. accurate.